OPMC is seeking a WooCommerce and Shopify Plugin Tester to join our team permanently.
OPMC has 25 plugins on the official WooCommerce marketplace, and a number of active Shopify projects. It is important that we are able to release new versions of the plugin in a timely manner, and there are no blockers to plugin release.
You’ll be working with our developers and management team to deliver stable, functioning, bug free releases of Plugins via GitHub and the WooCommerce & Shopify platform. You’ll be addressing WooCommerce / Shopify related issues like PHP Sniffer, and resolving those yourself where possible.
We’ll also be looking to you to improve code quality, code security, and provide suggestions and ideas.
Hours per week
This role is approximately 15-20 hours per week and will fluctuate with demand.
Flexible. Ideally you will be available during the Indian work day, or overlap substantially with it to liaise with relevant team members on their projects.
We are seeking someone with the following skills:
– Strong knowledge of WordPress and WooCommerce from a users perspective.
– Familiar with WordPress backend.
– Familiar with popular WordPress plugins and themes.
– Ability to read PHP, HTML, CSS and JQuery.
– Understanding how WordPress works, ie, hooks and filters.
– Experience with Git and GitHub.
– Familiar with the concept of Use Cases.
– Familiar with cPanel and phpMyAdmin.
– Comfortable running terminal commands. WP-CLI skills a bonus.
– Ability to provide high level guidance to developers when required.
– Ability to write up clear and concise reports.
– Attention to detail.
– Fluent in English.
Please submit your application and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!